Medication Management Services at Counseling Connections & Associates
At CCA, our team of psychiatric nurse practitioners diagnose, treat and manage mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for children, teens and adults.
Our team of prescribers is made up of the following psychiatric nurse practitioners:
- Salina Anderson, APRN-BC
- Davin Dickerson, APRN
- Marilyn Erickson, APRN
- Kathleen "KG" Langdon, APRN
- Marty Stoltenberg, APRN-BC
Our practitioners have expertise and experience in prescribing the full range of psychiatric medications.
Read on to learn more about our psychiatric nurse practitioners:
- Nurse practitioners are licensed registered professional nurses and licensed nurse practitioners of psychiatry
- Completed a minimum of four years of baccalaureate education
- Completed Master’s degree as a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner
- Completed clinical training in psychiatry
- National ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Certificate) Exam
- Specialty training in psychiatric assessment, management, and treatment of children, adolescents, adults, and older adults
- Can prescribe medication
- Can conduct therapy
Our psychiatry team will work with your current therapist, whether they are an outside provider or a USP clinician.
Ready to Get Your Life Back On Track?
Some common conditions our psychiatric nurse practitioners treat include:
At CCA, we know that taking medication is a very personal choice. While we offer recommendations, our style is to collaborate with patients to ensure they are well-informed on effects and side-effects. Whatever you decide, we’re here to work with you through the process.
Our Medication Management Process:
- Comprehensive evaluation to understand any symptoms that you are experiencing
- Assess whether symptom(s) should be treated individually or part of a larger diagnosis
- Recommend appropriate medications
- Set follow-up visits to monitor medication
- In the beginning, follow-ups occur weekly or every other week
- Later, visits need to occur once every 3 months
- Recommend therapy (If appropriate)
- Medication with therapy is often more effective than just medication on its own
Our psychiatry team provides both medication management and talk therapy. If you are taking a medication as part of your treatment and also participating in therapy, your therapist may be your prescribing clinician or another therapist at our practice depending on the issue you are working on, specialization, and availability.